Jay T. Taylor
- 400 West Capitol Avenue Suite 2000 Little Rock, Arkansas 72201-3493
Jay T. Taylor is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate/Commercial Transactions Practice Group. Jay’s practice is focused heavily on commercial financing transactions. Jay has substantial experience structuring and closing New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) transactions, renewable energy tax credit transactions, low-income housing tax credit transactions and conventional commercial real estate and commercial/industrial lending transactions.
Jay is nationally recognized as a qualified active low-income community business (QALICB) counsel in NMTC transactions, closing numerous NMTC transactions throughout the country. Jay also represents financial institutions in commercial lending transactions and owners/developers in all aspects of the acquisition, development and operation of commercial real estate.
Jay’s work on behalf of clients has been recognized by lawyer rating organizations and his peers. In 2012, Best Lawyers in America named Jay as the Real Estate Lawyer of the Year in Little Rock. Jay is perennially listed in The Best Lawyers in America and Chambers and Partners USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. Jay is also recognized by Mid-South Super Lawyers as a “Super Lawyer” and was listed in Arkansas Business for Top 40 Under 40. Jay is a graduate of Leadership Arkansas and Leadership Greater Little Rock.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1997
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock, B.A., summa cum laude, 1994
- Leadership Greater Little Rock, Class XX
- Leadership Arkansas, Class III
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, since 2007
- Named by The Best Lawyers in America as the "Lawyer of the Year," Little Rock, Real Estate, 2012
- Named by Little Rock Soiree Magazine as Best Lawyers, Commercial Real Estate, 2016
- Ranked in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Real Estate
- Recognized in Arkansas Business, Top 40 Under 40
- Rotarian of the Year, Club 99 Downtown Little Rock Rotary Club, 2010-2011
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers as a Super Lawyer
- Represented an international manufacturing company as QALICB counsel in an NMTC financing transaction for development of a new $300 million manufacturing plant in Mississippi.
- Represented a solar industry client in the development of a $70 million solar electric power generation facility in Tennessee utilizing NMTC and renewable energy tax credit financing.
- Represented a national tax credit investor in a $22 million twinned NMTC and historic rehabilitation tax credit transaction for a mixed-use, high-rise, historic building in Arkansas.
- Represented a hospitality industry client in a $48 million acquisition of a portfolio of hotel properties.
- Arkansas Children's Hospital
- Arvest Bank
- Bank of the Ozarks
- Baptist Health
- Bear State Bank
- Colliers International
- First Security Bank
- Farmers Bank & Trust
- Flake & Kelley Commercial
- Goff & Associates
- Landers Auto Group
- Regions Bank
- U.S. Bank N.A.
Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association: Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Arkansas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Arkansas Bar Association: Real Estate Law Section
- Easter Seals, Arkansas State Board
- Georgia, 1997
- Arkansas, 2000