Brian C. Smith
- 400 West Capitol Avenue Suite 2000 Little Rock, Arkansas 72201-3493
Brian C. Smith practices in the firm’s Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Practice Group. His practice includes experience in the design, implementation and administration of tax-qualified retirement plans including defined benefit pension plans, profit sharing plans, 401(k) plans and ESOPs. He also works with nonqualified deferred compensation plans and health and welfare plans for financial institutions, regular business organizations, professional corporations and governmental and non-profit organizations.
Brian assists plan sponsors and fiduciaries with regulatory compliance with ERISA, with state and federal tax issues and with local legislation affecting retirement and welfare plans. In additional, he acts as counsel to plan sponsors and fiduciaries with respect to ERISA controversies and litigation.
- University of Florida College of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2004
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law, J.D., 2003
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock, B.S. in Accounting, 1998
- Certified Public Accountant, Inactive, Arkansas
Associations & Memberships
- Alzheimer's Arkansas Programs and Services, Past President of Board of Director
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association, Tax Section, Chairman, 2012-2013, Federal Tax Institute Committee, Co-Chair, 2012
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Women and Children First: The Center Against Family Violence, Board of Directors
- Arkansas, 2003