Donald H. Bacon
- 400 West Capitol Avenue Suite 2000 Little Rock, Arkansas 72201-3493
Donald H. Bacon is a partner in both the Litigation Practice Group and Medical Malpractice Practice Group. While he has represented a diverse set of clients in a variety of litigation, most recently, his focus has been in the area of professional liability representing lawyers, doctors, accountants and insurance agents. In addition to representing them in court, he has represented lawyers before the Office of Professional Conduct and has represented doctors before the State Medical Board. He continues to litigate in a number of other areas such as products liability, aviation and wrongful death.
As part of his statewide practice, his 180 jury trials have taken him to circuit courts in over half the Arkansas counties and over three-fourths of the 11 Federal District Courts.
Don’s designations as a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers and a Diplomate in the American Board of Trial Advocacy verifies his experience. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2005 for his work in Legal Malpractice Law, Medical Malpractice Law and Personal Injury Litigation and in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers in Litigation: General Commercial. In addition, he was chosen "Arkansas’ Outstanding Defense Attorney" for 2003-2004.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., With Honors, 1978; Arkansas Law Review, Articles Editor and Associate Editor
- University of Arkansas, B.A., Omicron Delta Kappa
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Diplomate
- American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL) Fellow
- Articles Editor and Associate Editor of the Arkansas Law Review
- District Attorney for the largest Class One freight railroad in the country, 1991-2005
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants, Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants and Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, Little Rock, since 2005
- Named by Arkansas Life as "Top Attorney" in 2017
- Pulaski County Special Judge
- Ranked in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers, Litigation: General Commercial, 2018
- Recipient of the Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel Outstanding Defense Attorney Award, 2003-2004
- Received the Sidney S. McMath Professionalism Award, 2018
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers since 2006; "Top 50: Arkansas Super Lawyers," 2006-2007, 2012-2017
Most recent trial defended Fortune 500 company in wrongful death suit.
Associations & Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Diplomate, former Chapter President and National Board Representative
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow and former State Chair
- Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel, former President
- Arkansas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- International Association of Defense Counsel, 1985-2012
- Pulaski County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 1996-1997
- William R. Overton American Inn of Court, Master of the Bench, 2008-2014
- Arkansas, 1978
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas; Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals