Sarah Cotton Patterson
Trust & Estate Planning
- (501) 370-3317
- (501) 537-2908
Sarah Patterson has practiced law for 15 years and is a part of the Trust and Estate Planning Practice Group with the firm. Her focus is on estate, trust and tax matters for individuals, as well as entity formation and business planning. She also advises non-profit and tax-exempt organizations on formation, planning and tax issues.
Sarah has represented many varied estates over the years, including probate proceedings and trust administration. She has assisted the executor or trustee in distributing the estate or trust assets or implementing long-term planning created by the decedent’s Last Will and Testament or trust. Sarah has reviewed and advised preparers regarding fiduciary income tax returns for estates and trusts and has represented clients involved in estate or trust controversies, providing advice and counsel to individual and corporate fiduciary clients. She has also represented beneficiaries in estate and trust controversies.
Sarah was recently named Fellow by the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC). This appointment reflects her deep knowledge of trust and estate planning law and her positive reputation in the legal community.
Sarah was named Lawyer of the Year in 2018 by The Best Lawyers in America for her work in trust and estate litigation. She has also been consistently ranked by the publication in the same category as well as in Trusts and Estates and Non-Profit/Charities Law.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 2001
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2000
- University of Arkansas, B.S.B.A., Accounting & Financial Management, 1997
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
- Certified Public Accountant (Inactive, Arkansas)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Non-Profit/Charities Law, Trusts and Estates and Litigation - Trust and Estates, since 2009
- Listed in Arkansas Business 40 Under 40
- Named by The Best Lawyer in America as Lawyer of the Year 2018 and 2012, Little Rock, Litigation - Trust and Estates; Lawyer of the Year 2017, Little Rock, Non-Profit/Charities Law
Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Arkansas Law Review, Inc., Board of Directors
- Arkansas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas Foundation, Board of Directors
- Central Arkansas Estate Council
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Arkansas, 2000
Assistant's Contact Information: