Michael B. Childers
- (501) 370-3394
- (501) 537-2912
Michael B. Childers practices primarily in the areas of real estate, land use, commercial transactions and oil and gas law. He represents clients in connection with a broad range of complex real estate transactions including the development, financing, acquisition, disposition and leasing of commercial real estate projects, as well as zoning and other land use matters.
Mike represents mineral owners in the sale and leasing of mineral rights, and he is also experienced in a broad range of secured and other general commercial transactions.
Mike has been ranked in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for his work in Real Estate. According to the publication, one client said of Mike:
"Our experience with him has been great. He's very detailed, very reliable and very available. He never fails to answer the phone when you call."
- Advises and represents lenders in commercial real estate lending, second lien financings and other secured lending transactions, as well as advises clients regarding loan restructurings and loan workouts.
- Advises and represents clients in the sale and leasing of oil, gas and mineral interests and protection of surface use rights.
- Currently represents a national fuel retailer in acquisition and development of new retail stores in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska.
- Extensive experience in complex and multi-jurisdictional real estate transactions and 1031 exchanges.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in its acquisition of approximately 300 retail locations in nine states.
- Represented the court-appointed receiver for one of the largest shopping centers in Arkansas
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Arkansas, B.A.
- Craig Sterne Memorial Award for Outstanding Graduate in Estate Planning and Taxation, 2006
- Joe C. Barrett Award for Outstanding Graduate in Commercial Transactions, 2006
- Note & Comment Editor, Arkansas Law Review, 2005—2006
- Published: Vanished in the Blink of an Eye: Split-Second Garnishment Liability and Loan Manager Accounts in the Wake of In re Southwestern Glass, 58 Ark. L. Rev. 893 (2006)
- Ranked in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Real Estate, since 2013
Associations & Memberships
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Pulaski Bar Association
- Arkansas, 2006